The heart and soul of Nana’s House are our volunteers. We are always in need of more community members to commit their time, efforts, and talents to help us provide a safe loving home for the children in our care.
Nana’s House, a home for Needy children is a Brevard County 501c3 non-profit organization. Our Thrift Cottages, fundraisers, and donations are our only means of support; we do not receive any government money. We have no paid employees, 100% of the money we receive goes to supporting the children.
We have many volunteer opportunities; you can work daily, once or twice a week, monthly or on an as needed basis for special projects. Training is provided for jobs that require it. The Thrift Cottages are open Tuesday – Saturday, 10-4. I hope you will come, join us and bring a friend!!
Link to our volunteer application: Volunteer Application (2433 downloads)
Thrift Cottage Volunteer Positions:
Thrift Cottage Workers: You would do various jobs in the cottage, greet customers, accept, sort and price donations to be put on the floor for sale, etc.
Pick-ups: We have a team of 3 men that pick up various large items, mostly furniture, once or twice a week. You don’t need a truck, but if you have one and a group of friends, that works too! You would spend a few weeks working with our current crew to learn our procedures, and then you can rotate in and out with them or if have your own truck and crew we will gladly add another team. We can always use a handyman or two on an as needed basis. MANPOWER!!
Yard work: We have a lawn service that cuts the lawns, but we need people to weed the beds, trim back plants and shrubs, etc. You can choose weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, for as many hours as you like.
As the name indicates, these are things we don’t do on a regular basis. Most are just a few times a year. A couple of examples: Someone donates an entire household of items to us, we get a group of 10-15 people and pack up the house, and we have Tent Sales, Christmas in July, and Toy sales at Christmas time, etc.
Would you like to get involved with Nana’s House in any of these capacities?
We’d love to have you and you’ll love spending your time with us, knowing you are helping local children in your community!
Want to talk more? Contact Kim Frodge @ 321-724-5111 Ext 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and join us – Thank You!
The list below is a sampling of some of the volunteer opportunities available at Nana’s House. Don’t have a lot of time, but still want to help? Here are some ideas that don’t take much time, in fact, some of them can be done at home! Contact Kim Frodge @ 321-724-5111 Ext 1 or email@example.com to become a Nana’s House “angel” and discuss your talents and time allowance. We need “angels” to:
- Donate items for raffles/silent auction baskets
- Solicit one or more gift certificates for raffles (ex. haircuts, nails, massages, oil changes, golf, skydiving, vacation rentals, cruises, overnight stays, art work, restaurants, etc.) (anything people would bid on)
- Write a “general message” on a stack of unaddressed thank you notes
- Do gardening/weeding at one of our properties (Need background check)
- Join clean-up crew at Nanas House properties (Needs background check)
- Assemble silent auction baskets, decorate, wrap, and add label for special events
- Help write thank you notes
- Run errands/pick up items at the printers
- Sort clothes in pod at TC1 (with a veteran volunteer)
- Organize storage shed behind TC2
- Help with renovations/handyman work at one of the NH properties
- Design invitation for next volunteer pot luck/ or Christmas party
- Send “get well” and “thinking of you” to volunteers from NH as needed
- Research organizations and businesses that give money to non- profit organizations
- Work on grant opportunities that become available to NH
- Make a meal for one of our families (once a week, once a month, etc.)- (Needs background check)
- Sign up for igive.com and order items that you would normally buy
- Make phone calls for sponsors for upcoming events
- Volunteer one day a week (or more) at our thrift cottages
- Paint/decorate signs and donation boxes as needed
- Clean Meeting House property once a month
- Get gift certificates donated from family restaurants (IHOP, Cheddars) for our families to eat out.
- Research businesses that have a volunteer program – Kohls, Walmart, Wells Fargo – get info and follow through for NH
- Join our furniture/donation pick-up crew on Tuesdays
- Organize storage units/pods (will provide supervision)
- Make a display board all about Nana’s House that can be taken to speaking engagements/ meetings/functions
- Volunteer at “tent sales”- set up, sort clothes, clean up- approx. twice a year
- Buy tickets for Nana’s House fundraisers/events and encourage friends and family to join you
- Donate money to Nana’s House “in honor of” or “in memory of” someone you are close to
- Donate an item or two from the needs list on our website- www.nanaschildrenshome.com
- Bake or get a cake donated for one of our children’s birthday parties
- Schedule Kim to speak at your church or club
- Order items you are already buying from Amazon through our website-www.nanaschildrenshome.com
- Like us on Facebook and share all our posts with your friends and family
- Forward all emails, newsletters, and flyers to friends and family
- Share brochures about Nana’s House and our Thrift Cottages with as many as possible
- Donate items to Thrift Cottages
- Visit our Thrift Cottages and bring friends to shop there, too
- Take photos at our events
- Provide a photo booth computer program, set it up and organize it at our dinner dance next year
- Organize a group work day at one of the Nana’s House properties
- Plan a fundraiser for Nana’s House
- Attend Volunteer Orientation Meeting- see next date on our website calendar
- Keep the Nana’s House scrapbook updated